Around RowHouse this week...
The menu Aug 26 - 29 was inspired by a menu from RowHouse in 2011. I put Forrest Wright to the task of mixing things up and taking a menu from archives and doing new tricks. I love the results and am anxious to see to taste and see.
WE ARE NOT OPEN THE SATURDAY BEFORE LABOR DAY 9/5/2015.
Our Fall Concert Series in the RowHouse Garden begins Labor Day, and then the next 2 Tuesday evenings. We will not be serving food these nights, and it is an outdoor, bring your lawn chairs concert with a bar set up. We are only pre-selling 40 seats per evening and are selling a series ticket at a discounted price. The events will be from 6pm - 730pm. Featured guests include Kelley Hunt, Judy Code with Jennifer Epps, Ryan Wills and Myself. Tickets must be purchased in advance through the RowHouse 785 235-1700. Ryan will be taking those reservations. This is an exceptional gathering of Kansas born and bred Story tellers. Don't miss out. We will be selling same day tickets if the weather is permitting the day of the events.
- 3 night package $45 ...................................Sept 7, 15, and 22
- Judy Coder & Jennifer Epps $20................Sept 7
- Kelley Hunt $25 .........................................Sept 15
- Ryan Wills & Greg Fox $20........................Sept 22
Our Mission is to Grow LOVE and spread it around the world.
Our menu Aug 19 - 22, 2015...
- Salad: Baby Greens, Roasted Cauliflower, Cashews, Apricot Vinaigrette
- Soup: Cantaloupe Honey and Mint with Coconut Sorbet
- Vegetarian Entree: Tomato, Garden Herbs, Avocado, and Tofu Cous Cous
- Entree 2: Seared Mahi Mahi, Sweet Pepper Slaw, Roasted Potato Chips
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef Tenderloin, Pecan Butter, Sauteed Spinach with Bleu Cheese
- Dessert: Sorbet with Shortbread Cookies
- Dessert: Lemon Poppyseed Cupcake with Lemon Icing
- Dessert: Chocolate Brownies with Dark Chocolate Chips and Cherry Bubbles
Our menu Aug 26 - 29...
- Salad: Baby Greens, Pansies, Radish, Dijon Goat's Cheese, Walnuts, Beet Vinaigrette
- Soup: Vichyssoise (Creamy Chilled Potato Soup) with spiced Popcorn (warm if the weather is cool)
- Vegetarian Entree: Pan Fried Butternut Squash Tacos with Fennel and Feta Salsa
- Entree 2: Orange Glazed Salmon wrapped in Swiss Chard, Toasted Fennel Cream, Kalamata and Orange Salad
- Entree 3: Dijon and Thyme Rubbed Beef, Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Red Beans and Rice
- Dessert: Strawberry Sorbet with Maple Fig Shortbread Cookies
- Dessert: Peach Cobbler
- Dessert: Cinnamon Ice Cream
Dinner at RowHouse is $43 per person. Our Tasting menu includes a sampling of every item on our menu for the week. Please feel free to choose only one of the entrees and still enjoy the other courses. We are also happy to make portions more "modest" if you would like. We do our best to accommodate food allergies and dietary restrictions.
Please check our Summer Vacation and Holiday hours listed on the "About Us" page of this website
When making reservations please know the house has three levels and many unique dining rooms. The main floor is handicap accessible, but the top floor and garden level do have stairs. We try to honor table and floor request but are not always able to do so because of limited space for large groups. If you have a specific table or room you'd like, please let us know when making your reservation and we will do our best to make it happen. We are contantly looking for ways to make your evening with us even better. One of us is on staff at RowHouse Wednesday through Saturday from 2 pm to Close. We return calls Wednesday through Saturday in the order received.
We have a lovely winelist, Premium Liquors, awesome cocktails, and great beers.
Wine and Alcohol cannot be brought in to the restaurant as of April 1, 2011
Some of my local favorite places to eat.....
Some of my Favorite Places...
Tumptim Thai: I can't say enough good thing about their food. Yum!
The Blind Tiger: I come from beer people. This is good beer.
Chez Yazu: Beautiful, intimate and so French.
El Mezcal Topeka Boulevard: Staple: once a week at least.
The Celtic Fox: Give me a Smithwick's
Quniton's: Great sandwiches and an amazing tap selection. Love the new bistro burgers!
The Burger Stand: College Hill Area
Encore: Lawrence Secret: get the Vegan General Tsao's Chicken"
715: Lawrence - One of my favorite restaurants
Check out Greg's Food Blog on Cj Online
There is a regularly updated list of places I've loved while traveling on the menus page of this website.
HOLIDAY AND VACATION SCHEDULES
I opened RowHouse recognizing that to stay inspired, I had to schedule breaks to travel and renew. I want to be able to serve you for a long time to come, so please note that our breaks may sometimes be inconvenient, but in the end they save the day.
- January: We are always closed New Year's Day
- January: The week of Martin Luther King Jr Day we are closed Wednesday and Thursday, reopening for Friday and Saturday
- May: We are always closed the Saturday before Memorial Day
- June/July: We take an extended Summer Vacation the week that includes July 4th, and the following Wednesday and Thursday, reopening on the Friday and Saturday after the 4th
- September: We are always closed the Saturday before Labor Day
- November: We are closed Wednesday before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving day, we re-open for our very popular "Tapas" menu for that Friday and Saturday
- December: We are always closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Also note, we are never open on Sundays. Private events can be scheduled on Monday and Tuesdays with the exception of any of the weeks or weekends listed previously.
- This schedule will increase as Greg's year's increase, Thanks for understanding