The menu at RowHouse changes weekly.
Our menus are based on the season, what's available, and of course our current cravings. I am inspired by Kansas, by my upbringing, and by the many great women in my family who fed me all these years. You always find a taste of where I am from in my cooking.
If you are new to RowHouse, the menu is always the same set up, meaning the number of courses. There is always a Salad, Soup, 3 Entrees (one is always vegetarian), and 3 desserts. We are always happy to work with dietary restrictions.
Our menu Dec 4 - 7 , 2013...
- Salad: Pickled Fennel, Daikon, Cucumber, Apple, and Radish with Kale and Parsley Vinaigrette
- Appetizer: Carrot, Beet, and Ginger
- Vegetarian Entree: 3 Cheese Risotto (Fontina, Cream Cheese, and Parmesan) with Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Bleu Cheese
- Entree 2: Mahi Mahi, Homemade Herbed Mayo, Olive and Celery Salad, Roasted Roots
- Entree 3: Sliced Beef Medallions, Roasted Plum Sauce, Arugula Puree
- Dessert: Cranberry Buttermilk Biscuit Shortcake
- Dessert: Chocolate Pudding Parfait
- Dessert: Peanut Brittle
Our menu Nov 20 - 23, 2013...
- Salad: Butternut Squash, Fennel, Parmesan, Cabbage and Kale. Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
- Appetizer: Creamy Tomato Dill
- Vegetarian Entree: Beet Latkes with Bleu Cheese Sour Cream, Pears, and Arugula
- Entree 2: Sesame Crusted Shrimp with Ginger, Green Onion, and Soy Salad. Sauteed Kale and Carrot
- Entree 3: Red Wine Braised Boneless Beef Spare Ribs, Creamy Grits, Bokchoy
- Dessert: Pumpkin Cream Pie
- Dessert: Chocolate Spice Cake
- Dessert: Roasted Fresh Pumpkin with Toasted Graham Crackers
Dinner at RowHouse is $39 per person. Our Tasting menu includes a sampling of every item on our menu for the week. Please feel free to choose only one of the entrees and still enjoy the other courses. We are also happy to make portions more "modest" if you would like. We do our best to accommodate food allergies and dietary restrictions.
This week's recipe: Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
- 3 Shallots, Peeled and Chopped large
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Peeled and Chopped large
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- Plus 3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Big Pinch Salt
Put shallots, garlic and 1/2 cup oil in saucepan over med-high heat. Let come to a rolling bubble. Cook until a slight char is on the shallots and garlic. Set aside to cool. Once this is cool, drain off excess oil. Put shallots and garlic in food processor. Add 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup vinegar. Start food processor. Once mixture is smooth add salt and sugar. Slowly add the remaining oil until the mixture emulsifies. Adjust salt to taste. You may use all of the remaining oil, or just most of it.
Places we've been loving and eating........
Los Angeles, Ca. January 2013...
- Granville. Burbank, Ca. Loved it!
- Malbec. Toluca Lake, Los Angeles. Argentinian Food. Awesome
- Zinc. Laguna Beach, Ca. Light, Fresh, and Tasty. Thanks Jonah!
Nashville: Amanda and Anna's Food Adventure. Oct 2012
- Marche: Delicious Neighborhood Brunch
- Broadway BrewHouse & Mojo Grill: Wings, Beer, Happy
- The Greenhouse: Unique, Chill, Hangout
- Mafiaozas: Good Pizza, College Vibe
- Noshville: Yummy 50's Style Diner
- AM@FM: Tasty Snacks @ the Market
- Wild Cow: Friendly, Delicious, Vegan
- City House: Inspiring, Innovative, Memorable
- Jenis (Ice Cream): By the Bucketful
- Frothy Monkey: Happy, Mellow, Coffeehouse
- Las Paletas: Weird, Delicious, Popsicles
- Silly Goose: Tasty, Hip, Local Lunch
- I Dream of Weenie: Best Weenery in the South
- Urban Grub: Creative Southern Comfort
- Cha Cha: Cozy, Unique, Value
- Jackson's: Fried Cookie Dough Eggroll
Food Highlights, NYC... July 2012
Boston, Mass. July 2012
Ogunquit, Maine. July 2012
Nashville, Tennessee . April 2012
- Margot - My favorite restaurant ever, hands down. Nashville, Tn
- Virago - Cool, Trendy, Delicious. Nashville, Tn
- Hutton Hotel - Wow. This place made me feel like a movie star. Nashville, TN
- Boscos - Brewery with great menu in a an awesome neighborhood. Nashville, TN
- Green Door Gourmet - Farm to table. Worth a visit, a long visit. Cheers Farmer Sylvia. Nashville, TN
- Calypso Cafe - My never miss, comfort food spot. Nashville, TN
- Frothy Monkey - Hipsterville, and worth the trip
- Flyte - Innovative, Comfortable, and another one not to miss, Nashville, TN
- Broadway Brewhouse and Mojo Grill - MOJO WINGS. mmmmmmm, Nashville, TN
- Rose Pepper - You must have one of their margaritas, Nashville, TN
- Sunset Grill - Nashville Standard. Habenero Butterscotch Bread Pudding = YUM, Nashville, TN
- Watermark - Eat in the bar area, and you must visit the rooftop garden
Los Angeles, Ca. Jan 2012
- Marix, Movie star delicious, Los Angeles, Ca
- Hugos, I dream of the vegan Nachos, Los Angeles, Ca
- Tequilas, taste just like home, Los Angeles, Ca
Kansas City Favorites
- Farmhouse, YOU MUST GO HERE. Kansas City, Mo
- Fo Thai, Unbelievable. Leawood, Ks
- Tannin Wine Bar and Kitchen, Value, Cool, Checks all the boxes. Kansas City, Mo
- La Bodega, We had a great time. Leawood, Ks.
- Ponak’s Mexican Kitchen, Perfection in my eyes, Kansas City, Mo